Highly respected corporate law firm with multiple offices located throughout Virginia is seeking a construction and government contracts associate attorney to join their Norfolk, Virginia office supporting the litigation practice team. This position will primarily support construction litigation and government contract matters but is anticipated to assist other commercial litigation practice areas.
1. Represent clients in public and private construction and government contract claims and dispute resolution.
2. Provide effective practical advice to clients regarding construction and government contract issues.
3.Represent clients in bid protests (federal, state and local level).
4.Assist white-collar attorneys in procurement fraud investigations and prosecutions.
5.Draft and negotiate construction contracts.
6.Assist in commercial litigation matters from initial intake through trial.
1.2-3 years of private practice experience.
2. Experience with public and private construction and government contract claims and dispute resolution.
3. Experience with federal, state and local public procurement-related issues.
4. Excellent writing, research and analytical skills.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationship with clients, other firm attorneys, support staff and outside professionals.
1.Juris Doctorate degree with active admission to the Virginia Bar.
2.Judicial clerkship experience preferred.